WWE Survival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 8 - Dragonball Z - Planet Under Siege (Town Wins)

+9
Reznor
pyro+salt
That Indian Guy
Nox Noctis
Lenalesca
Lucyfer
Stebung
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
sKeam
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Round 8 - Dragonball Z - Planet Under Siege (Town Wins) - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 8 - Dragonball Z - Planet Under Siege (Town Wins)

Post by Stebung Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:47 am

So lemme summarize........the town have three options.....

1. Do an all out investigation on day 1 to find the mafia no matter how long it takes.

2. Vote lynch someone and hope for the best that it's mafia based on the posts we already have.

3. All vote no lynch and go to the night phase right away.

The pro and cons I see for each is....

1. Do an all out investigation on day 1 to find the mafia no matter how long it takes.
Pros: Duh.....we get the mafia and possible affiliates on day one.

Cons: Possibility of success is very low since we know too little right now and people are not likely to tell the truth and this means massive amount of time needs to put into it.

If enough people agrees to put in the effort this might work

2. Vote lynch someone and hope for the best that it's mafia based on the posts we already have.
Pros: We might get the mafia and possible affiliates.......and it's quicker than the full out investigation. Moves into night phase quicker and night actions can be cast.

Cons: We might get one of the townies if votes are made too rashly and not enough thoughts are put into it. It's a gamble with 1/12 chance if we know too little.

3. All vote no lynch and go to the night phase right away.
Pros: Moves into night phase immediately and on day two there will be more clues as to who is the bad guy and who is not. Night actions can be cast.

Cons: Some of the townies might very likely get killed at night. Since no one would know much about each other and it would be very hard for the healer to protect anyone.

I personally prefer option 2......although it might look like a gamble but at least it moves everyone into night phase and forward into the game. Sure we might lynch a townie but even for option 1 there is a possibility we lynch a townie if investigation fails. So I say save the time and go with gut instincts.

Therefore I vote lynch Hods_Sorrow based on what he's doing so far.
1. He's not defending himself really well when he's getting voted.
2. He voted no lynch for no particular reason at all.....It's not like no one is obviously suspicious right now....at least explain why you think no lynch would benefit the town.
3. He's wasting time talking about shit from last game....
4. If he's on the town side his logic would not help the town much as we saw from last round....if he's on the mafia's side I dunno if mafia would like his logic either.

I will not change my vote unless you give me some convincing reason to your actions so far OR a better strategy in finding the mafia.
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Number of posts : 2216
Major : PSP
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Round 8 - Dragonball Z - Planet Under Siege (Town Wins) - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 8 - Dragonball Z - Planet Under Siege (Town Wins)

Post by hods_sorrow Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:49 am

Fine I vote Lynch Stebung then since you say we should vote for people who wont matter and all he usually does is irritate people.

Last edited by Hods_sorrow on Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the reason i went no lynch is because i never believe the game starts till day 2)
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Number of posts : 2078
Major : Chemistry
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:58 am

Hods_sorrow wrote:Fine I vote Lynch Stebung then since you say we should vote for people who wont matter and all he usually does is irritate people.

Oh really? I remember someone saying this....

Hods_sorrow wrote:As for voting i have never cast a revenge vote and wont start now. I vote No Lynch

What you just did was pretty much revenge vote dude...So you decided to start on revenge voting?...All I was doing was trying to line out the situation so far for the town and let people pick the best options. It's not targeted at anyone in particular. And I was just expressing my opinion on my lynch cos I don't lynch people for no reason like what you just did. I don't see how that irritates people....I can't have an opinion? Seriously? Maybe it irritates you cos you are getting lynched which is understandable but instead can you try to explain why you are innocent instead of revenge voting. Cos that sorta makes you look more suspicious.......
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by hods_sorrow Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:10 am

if you look at the time stamps our posts happened at the same time so it could be revenge for either one of us
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:54 am

Hods_sorrow wrote:if you look at the time stamps our posts happened at the same time so it could be revenge for either one of us

I don't get what you are trying to say here....... How am I revenge voting you? I'm voting you cos you are acting suspicious. Like what you are doing now.......
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:07 am

@ Stebung: It's not 1/12 chance. There is at least 2 mafia and that makes it 1/6 chance. That's like rolling a dice. If there's a Serial Killer out there, that's a 1/4 chance of getting someone who is anti-town.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Number of posts : 235
Major : Psychology & Japanese
Registration date : 2008-07-24

http://lcpdragonslayer.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:24 pm

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:@ Stebung: It's not 1/12 chance. There is at least 2 mafia and that makes it 1/6 chance. That's like rolling a dice. If there's a Serial Killer out there, that's a 1/4 chance of getting someone who is anti-town.
Actually, that would be wrong as well LCP, since the game only has 11 people in it. It would mean:
With 2 Mafia: 2/11 = 18.18%
With 2 Mafia & Serial Killer = 3/11 = 27.27%

So the odds are slightly better than what you said, but i think we got the jist of what you were trying to correct Stebung on Wink
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Number of posts : 2729
Major : Business & IT
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=825250003

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:34 pm

i dnt consider those odds good at all @.@
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:42 pm

I thought the game had 13 people.

If so then it's 1 in 10 chance of getting a single mafia because if you know that you yourself are innocent then it doesn't factor into the chances, 1 in 5 if there are 2 mafia, etc etc.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Lucyfer wrote:i dnt consider those odds good at all @.@
If you go into the game trying to protect all the towns people, you end up protecting none.

Say we lynch someone today:
- Best case scenario, we get a Mafia or a Serial Killer.
- Worst case scenario, we get a townie, but we get information as to their character after their death (who they were/what role they had etc) so we can start forming theories to base the game set up on. Plus, it provides 1 less character for the Mafia to try and hide behind, by claiming it.

Plus us its not like we are going for a completely random lynch, we (well i say we, but i guess i shouldnt speak in terms of all of us) I think people have to think about the game further than just Day 1 or just this Day. Think about how we can reach our end goal (Kill all the mafia/SK etc) and whats the best way to do it. If we go with a No Lynch, we arent really moving forward towards that goal, as lynching is really our only way of making kills in the game. Note: there are circumstances were i think a No Lynch is optimal play for town side, but that is a story for another day kids Wink

Basically, you got be prepared to risk a few lives in battle to win the war, that is basically the concept of the uninformed townie set up. We have to take a few more risks, because we know less about each other.
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by pyro+salt Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:45 pm

right, thats alot of posts for just a day+night

@Reznor: Im not sure what you want me to say lol, theres not alot i can say/do on day1 to "prove my innocence" as such and i think the "oh, you shouldn't lynch me cuz im a useless townie but you'll regret it if you lynch me" speech is kinda cliche'ed, but you all should keep me around for the lolz Very Happy who knows, I just might be a useful townie after all.

and Hods, ppl are lynching you becuz you kinda half attempted to do an investigation without any results to show for so... saying that your trying to get the game moving is a convinient excuse, but is there something else to it?
pyro+salt
pyro+salt
Hiddlestoner
Hiddlestoner

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:48 pm

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:I thought the game had 13 people.

If so then it's 1 in 10 chance of getting a single mafia because if you know that you yourself are innocent then it doesn't factor into the chances, 1 in 5 if there are 2 mafia, etc etc.
This is true, thanks for the correction Smile I keep forgetting to include myself in calculations like this.
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Reznor Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:53 pm

You seem to be playing a very analytical and logical game Indian Guy, you too Dragonslayer...
Reznor
Reznor
Castiels Angel
Castiels Angel

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:41 pm

As you have seen from previous games, stupidity doesn't win Mafia games.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:51 am

we really should be anlysising what people are saying rather than our chances of randomly picking the mafia...
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Reznor Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:21 am

Lucyfer wrote:we really should be anlysising what people are saying rather than our chances of randomly picking the mafia...
And what do you rate the chances of the bad guys dropping a tell of them being a bad guy is on Day 1? i would have them a lot lower than what the chances of randomly picking one at the moment, wouldnt you? scratch
Reznor
Reznor
Castiels Angel
Castiels Angel

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:47 am

bad guys are usually very defensive
steven proved that last round
i'm just saying that there is always clues
basically id like hear reasoning b4 any lynch.... besides the person is a liability even if hes in the town's side and we might as well because theres a 1/5 chance he is mafia even tho wat he has been saying hasnt shown any indication....
@.@
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:39 am

Lucyfer wrote:bad guys are usually very defensive
steven proved that last round
i'm just saying that there is always clues
basically id like hear reasoning b4 any lynch.... besides the person is a liability even if hes in the town's side and we might as well because theres a 1/5 chance he is mafia even tho wat he has been saying hasnt shown any indication....
@.@

That's just how I play and it proved to not work really well since the mafia lost last round. Everyone has their own playing style you can't put my act over all of mafia.

I don't know what you mean by clues.....we are just posting here......everything a person say could be lies and you cannot tell. People can claim to be what they wanna be but without a night phase no one can justfy what they said.

We all had our reasons to lynch hods.....read the posts.....And does his action not seem a bit suspicious to you? TIG and LCP voted for him he didn't say anything and went for no lynch but when I voted him he revenge voted me, when he said he NEVER revenge votes. It's either he's targetting me for no particular reason or he's full of shit.

Is there a particular reason that you are protecting him? How do you know he's a townie FOR SURE from what we have now? Cos I can't see it.
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nox Noctis Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:45 am

Why should i not be lynched?.. I may not be the brightest spark of the lot, but i do try and pull my weight in anyway. Im not saying favour me and ditch the others, that would not make any sense since we do have more experience players in this game and players that have better gut instincts than me lol

You do know that Stebung being defensive was just a play right? It was stupid on the towns behalf (which included me *facepalms*) to not see through that Mad and can we stop bringing out the statistical anaylsis XD i don't do stats lol
Lucyfer, if we're talking about analysising and what not, you've definitly changed ur game play, last game all you did was make silly faces all the time...@_@ <_< T_T

@hods trying-to-be-TIG FAIL. Since you proclaim your innoncent, why don't u explain to us why not to vote for you? :\
Nox Noctis
Nox Noctis
The Sleeping Dragon
The Sleeping Dragon

Number of posts : 2282
Location : While you are reading this.. In your base, stealing your flag.
Major : BAppSc
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:47 am

we all say we dnt revenge vote...
ill leave it up to you to decide how honest every1 is about it and u said yourself you don't think hods is mafia @.@ so im now confused in excately why you're still lynching him
just to let you know im not protecting hods im just thinking there are possibly more suspicious people we could be lynching
but then again im new to this group of ppl and they might just be acting like themselves but appear suspicious to me
so im not going to mention who i think is suspicious atm ><
i dnt think any1 would vote with me anyways
i like the no lynch idea but if every1 is determined to lynch some1 i will lynch with majority
and this is my normal game play >.>
ask steven edwin or gc
you only got to see me play one round last time...
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:50 am

Nox Noctis wrote:
Lucyfer, if we're talking about analysising and what not, you've definitly changed ur game play, last game all you did was make silly faces all the time...@_@ <_< T_T

i actually find that extremely insulting...
you might want to go back and see who was the one of first person to suspect both steven and gc in the last round...
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:55 am

Nox Noctis wrote:You do know that Stebung being defensive was just a play right? It was stupid on the towns behalf (which included me *facepalms*) to not see through that
Oh you guys didn't see through it? I thot everyone was onto me......lol......

She was the first to know something's up with me and GC though. And I agree this game she's playing differently.....

u said yourself you don't think hods is mafia @.@ so im now confused in excately why you're still lynching him
just to let you know im not protecting hods im just thinking there are possibly more suspicious people we could be lynching
There is a possibility that he is cos he's just acting fkn weird now. By instinct I don't think he is but by what he's doing I think he is. Unless he explains why he's doing what he's doing now of course I won't change my vote.

Ok who is more suspcious than hods? Tell me.
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nox Noctis Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:58 am

Lucyfer wrote:
Nox Noctis wrote:

you might want to go back and see who was the one of first person to suspect both steven and gc in the last round...

Hey im just analysing as you suggested we should do. We all know this is just a game so maybe you should NOT take what goes on here to heart?
Nox Noctis
Nox Noctis
The Sleeping Dragon
The Sleeping Dragon

Number of posts : 2282
Location : While you are reading this.. In your base, stealing your flag.
Major : BAppSc
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:08 am

im amazed you can tell whether i am or am not "taking things to heart" over the internet @.@ are you spying on me...?
yes this is a game so ill take wat you say seriously within this game
XD im just saying its really mean to say that i dnt contribute anything but 'silly faces'
even in the last game... i did contribute but if the only thing people are going to get from my posts are silly faces...
kinda makes me not want to post anything at all....
actually i will shut up for now the rest of this day phase
LYNCH WITH MAJORITY
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:32 am

Day 1

Lynch List
- Hods_sorrow - 4 votes (xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx ,That Indian Guy, Stebung, Lucyfer) Needs 2 more votes to be lynched
-Stebung - 1 vote (Hods_sorrow) Needs 5 more votes to be lynched

Still to vote:

1-pyro+salt
3-Nox Noctis
8-mint.tea
9-Lenalesca
10-Reznor
11-iHazard

P.S I've had some inquiries and i can ASSURE you guys.This game is NOT a massive ring of death Very Happy
I'm not that paranoid lolz.... anyway pls continue Very Happy
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Number of posts : 2395
Location : Opposite the big Mc Donald's and beside the big Mt Wellington
Major : Bachelor of Law and Medicine conjoint. Postgrad in finance and econometrics.
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:46 am

Not everyone is defensive when they are mafia. Different people play differently and some people hide it better than others.

It's extremely difficult to lynch the mafia or the SK in the first round as people don't really get into the game yet and they don't tend to leave hints or make mistakes as they do further along in the game, but that shouldn't stop you from lynching anyway. As TIG said, it's a step forward towards the end goal - to eradicate the mafia and win. Even if you get a townie, you'll get information about their roles.

To put it very simply, to vote for No Lynch is like giving the mafia a free kill on Night One. No lynch = we didn't even try to find out anything about each other or the mafia = sitting ducks for the night-kills.

As TIG also said, there are circumstances under which No Lynch is perfectly justified, but for this round, we don't actually have that many players, and so I'd rather take my chances with lynching than not. When you're in games with 25, 30 and upwards, it's very seldom you get the 1 in 5 or 1 in 4 chance.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:32 am

Lucyfer wrote:LYNCH WITH MAJORITY

deja vu?
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 am

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:Not everyone is defensive when they are mafia. Different people play differently and some people hide it better than others.

thankyou for telling me this
i didnt know already
its only the first time ive played mafia...
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Like with any game, be it chess or football, all players have different styles. Some choose to be defensive (like Nox Noctis) regardless if they are mafia or not and others are quite aggressive (like That Indian Guy). Comparing to how people play when they are vanilla townies, a significant change in behaviour pattern can only mean three things:

1) They are mafia.
2) They have special roles within the town e.g. doctor/detective/vigilante.
3) They have a third party role - jester, survivor, serial killer, etc.

Non-significant behaviour changes or short-burst significant ones may just mean that people are having a bad day, or that they changed their course of thinking because of what someone else has said. It may or may not have to do with their roles. Some people who have important roles don't change at all. It's particularly difficult to tell in Day One, which is why I always encourage people to lynch someone.

It's not only a shot at getting mafia but also to see what the accused person has to say for him/herself, and it's also to see how other people react. If it happens to be mafia, maybe the other mafia in the game will try and help the person going to get lynched. If it happens to be someone important; doctor, vigilante, cop, serial killer, whatever, the person should react more. You might also be able to catch out who is mafia and who is not through voting patterns.

All these sorts of things come into play when people cast lynch votes and stuff and it's important not just to read what people post but actually see what people do within the game. And for each person it is different.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by pyro+salt Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Lucyfer wrote:im amazed you can tell whether i am or am not "taking things to heart" over the internet @.@ are you spying on me...?
yes this is a game so ill take wat you say seriously within this game
XD im just saying its really mean to say that i dnt contribute anything but 'silly faces'
even in the last game... i did contribute but if the only thing people are going to get from my posts are silly faces...
kinda makes me not want to post anything at all....
actually i will shut up for now the rest of this day phase
LYNCH WITH MAJORITY

thats very diplomatic of you because you don't risk a revenge lynch or make yourself standout and not to mention it appeases the majority of the players but on the other hand it means that if ppl lean on you a bit, you'll just change your vote instantly

lynch Lucyfer

you said in an earlier post before that you found someone(s) suspcious but when someone else asked about it, you said that you didn't want to say because you don't think ppl will believe/follow you. The whole point of the day phase is to disscuss and provide reasoning who and why a person could be mafia and eliminate them... maybe its time for you to start sharing with the rest of the class?
pyro+salt
pyro+salt
Hiddlestoner
Hiddlestoner

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Reznor wrote:You seem to be playing a very analytical and logical game Indian Guy, you too Dragonslayer...
Why thank you, i shall take that as a compliment Very Happy
Nox Noctis wrote:Why should i not be lynched?.. I may not be the brightest spark of the lot
Says the person who won the inaugural round of Mafia Wink
Stebung wrote:
Nox Noctis wrote:You do know that Stebung being defensive was just a play right? It was stupid on the towns behalf (which included me *facepalms*) to not see through that Mad
Oh you guys didn't see through it? I thot everyone was onto me......lol......
I actually have to commend steven on that i must say. The fact that he wasnt lynched Day 1 that game still suprises the hell out of me with the way he was protecting gc-x to such a degree. :cheers:
Nox Noctis wrote: @hods trying-to-be-TIG FAIL.
I kind of feel bad for hods now, i mean, not everyone can be as awesome as me after all 8)
Lucyfer wrote:just to let you know im not protecting hods im just thinking there are possibly more suspicious people we could be lynching
Such as....?
Lucyfer wrote:so im not going to mention who i think is suspicious atm ><
Its better to mention it now when you have a chance to, then not ever should you be killed by chance.
Lucyfer wrote:
Nox Noctis wrote:

Its great that you managed to be suspicious of the two Mafia last round quite early, but thats only half the work. The other part (and the more important part of the task) is to convince others that they are the Mafia. Basically, gut instinct/investigation goes hand in hand with persuasion i think. its useless to be good at one without the other.
Stebung wrote:Ok who is more suspcious than hods? Tell me.
Kagerouhi, but she isnt playing in this round Razz
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:Like with any game, be it chess or football, all players have different styles. Some choose to be defensive (like Nox Noctis) regardless if they are mafia or not and others are quite aggressive (like That Indian Guy)
I would actually say almost all players in this game tend to be defensive/reactive players. Very few are more aggressive/proactive players. Which is fair enough since its riskier playing the latter
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:Comparing to how people play when they are vanilla townies, a significant change in behaviour pattern can only mean three things:

1) They are mafia.
2) They have special roles within the town e.g. doctor/detective/vigilante.
3) They have a third party role - jester, survivor, serial killer, etc.

Non-significant behaviour changes or short-burst significant ones may just mean that people are having a bad day, or that they changed their course of thinking because of what someone else has said. It may or may not have to do with their roles. Some people who have important roles don't change at all. It's particularly difficult to tell in Day One, which is why I always encourage people to lynch someone.

It's not only a shot at getting mafia but also to see what the accused person has to say for him/herself, and it's also to see how other people react. If it happens to be mafia, maybe the other mafia in the game will try and help the person going to get lynched. If it happens to be someone important; doctor, vigilante, cop, serial killer, whatever, the person should react more. You might also be able to catch out who is mafia and who is not through voting patterns.

All these sorts of things come into play when people cast lynch votes and stuff and it's important not just to read what people post but actually see what people do within the game. And for each person it is different.
This is all true (to an extent) and was something i was hoping to not have to mention at such an early stage of a game. Because by doing so, it allows the mafia/serial killer a chance to adequately prepare in their play.

Of course there are exceptions to this as well, such as players who play the same style regardless of the role they get (Mafia/Vanilla Townie/Doctor/Jester etc) or play differently each time even if they get the same role continuously (continuously getting basic Townie roles etc.)

Day One is always the hardest day and is basically always a shot in the dark for the town. We can discuss and make some educated guesses/summations as to improve the odds of getting a Mafia, but short of extraordinary circumstances (i.e. Accidental tell on the part of the Mafia or a Tall, Dark and Handsome Indian Guy holds an investigation Wink) do you ever get something better than a 30% chance to get a Mafia/Serial Killer on Day One.
pyro+salt wrote:lynch Lucyfer
Looks at poster Pyro+Salt wishes to lynch...OMG Lucyfer is the Doctor Razz

@ sKeam: You should know, when a person lynches with the majority, what you do is decrease the total lynch vote required count of everyone by 1. Not just add it to whoever has the highest count at the time. This is because its easier to keep track of then should the votings change drastically during the course of a game.
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Lynch Skeam for noob mod again
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:25 pm

okok >.> ill say
but im just saying i havent played a round with this person yet so idk
but i find TIG suspicious okay?
why i didnt want to say before because its only a feeling i have no proof or and reasoning behind it just yet

UNLYNCH WITH MAJORITY

im not mafia
im not the joker
im not unlynchable
but ill LYNCH LUCYFER

you can all lynch me statistically i have a 1/5 or something chance of being mafia >.> so just blindly follow statistics and not by analysising the whole picture
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenalesca Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:33 pm

To put it very simply, to vote for No Lynch is like giving the mafia a free kill on Night One. No lynch = we didn't even try to find out anything about each other or the mafia = sitting ducks for the night-kills.
That was what I was trying to say when Lucyfer first talked about no lynching.
@Reznor: I'm still waiting for that answer, what are the reasons why we should keep YOU and the 3 ppl you mentioned should be kept in the game? So far I think TIG, Nox, and I have answered ur question. If you're waiting for mint.tea's reply before answering it, you're welcome, we have all the time in the world.
My opinion on hods:he's either doing this on purpose/is the mafia, or he's just really bad at acting normal underpressure. I mean look at the previous games, he doesn't have much of a track record, that's like the ONLY reason I'm not lynching RIGHT now because I'll be honest, his REACTIONS after being voted against makes him a lot more suspicious. I dunno it could be due to just panicking of not wanting to be killed. But I want to hear back from Reznor and her defense of her apparently army of 3 before I take a vote. But right now Hods, you have my soon-to-be vote.
@Lucyfer: Don't act like an idiot just because someone pissed you off. If you don't play this at least semi-seriously then other players will see you as dead weight or someone purposely messing things up.
Lenalesca
Lenalesca
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Number of posts : 1316
Major : BMLS
Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://lenalesca.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:37 pm

Lenalesca wrote:
That was what I was trying to say when Lucyfer first talked about no lynching.
@Reznor: I'm still waiting for that answer, what are the reasons why we should keep YOU and the 3 ppl you mentioned should be kept in the game? So far I think TIG, Nox, and I have answered ur question. If you're waiting for mint.tea's reply before answering it, you're welcome, we have all the time in the world.
My opinion on hods:he's either doing this on purpose/is the mafia, or he's just really bad at acting normal underpressure. I mean look at the previous games, he doesn't have much of a track record, that's like the ONLY reason I'm not lynching RIGHT now because I'll be honest, his REACTIONS after being voted against makes him a lot more suspicious. I dunno it could be due to just panicking of not wanting to be killed. But I want to hear back from Reznor and her defense of her apparently army of 3 before I take a vote. But right now Hods, you have my soon-to-be vote.
@Lucyfer: Don't act like an idiot just because someone pissed you off. If you don't play this at least semi-seriously then other players will see you as dead weight or someone purposely messing things up.

o.o i think im playing this round too seriously
and um your wrong
ARRGGGGH i have to relate this to TOP >.> mayb steven would be the only one that understands
remember when we were pvping?
and you died?
and you were like sorry
and carmen was like np you took one more hit for us?
@.@ idk how to say it properly....
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:38 pm

i forgot to mention im not messing things up i just dont think we should agree with everything TIG says
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Lucyfer wrote:okok >.> ill say
but im just saying i havent played a round with this person yet so idk
but i find TIG suspicious okay?
why i didnt want to say before because its only a feeling i have no proof or and reasoning behind it just yet

UNLYNCH WITH MAJORITY

im not mafia
im not the joker
im not unlynchable
but ill LYNCH LUCYFER

you can all lynch me statistically i have a 1/5 or something chance of being mafia >.> so just blindly follow statistics and not by analysising the whole picture
*facepalm* Have you actually read the posts made in the thread, in specific this post by LCP?

Also, if you find me suspicious more than hods, why not vote to lynch me instead? I mean, your gut instinct would fail you in this regard, but at least it would make more sense then voting for yourself.

Why try to get yourself lynched to try and prove your point about this lynch? (No where have I or even LCP) have said that the chances for this successfully lynching are Mafia are guaranteed or high on Day One (or that you should follow along with us, its up to you guys to decide after all). But we are being realistic about this and at least its a move in the right direction. You on the other hand have just complained about something that is really more of a means to an end.

You know you could have instead of playing the pity me card, could have done something proactive in finding these hints/tells you keep mentioning (point out what is suspicious about a person, ask questions, investigate etc)

Even revealing your role would have been a more productive more than lynch voting yourself.

You mentioned you werent Mafia/Joker (Jester)/Unlynchable. Does that mean you are the Serial Killer Razz

P.S. Dont mean to sound harsh in my post
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

sure think watever you like >.>
im not serial killer either
o.o i dnt see how lynching myself is extreme unless every1 follows suit
i've played games where the mafia would kill their own to win the game
of course its not possible here cos roles get revealed....
and chances of catching the mafia is higher as more rounds pass...
dnt actually have a role role like mafia or viligante or serial killer
it just says im on town's side
@.@ i can give you my character name but it would most definately get me targeted by mafia
which in that case it would be far more productive if i just get myself lynched
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:56 pm

@.@ im not playing the pity me card...
im playing the mafia wouldnt do this card...
and i have been trying to be proactive this round
mayb i should just go back to doing faces then
>.< >.> XD ._. Smile -.- o.o Surprised Razz .-.
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:57 pm

Day 1

Lynch List
- Hods_sorrow - 3 votes (xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx ,That Indian Guy, Stebung) Needs 3 more votes to be lynched
-Stebung - 1 vote (Hods_sorrow) Needs 5 more votes to be lynched
-Lucyfer - 2 votes (pyro+salt,Lucyfer) Needs 4 more votes to be lynched

Still to vote:

3-Nox Noctis
8-mint.tea
9-Lenalesca
10-Reznor
11-iHazard
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Major : Bachelor of Law and Medicine conjoint. Postgrad in finance and econometrics.

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Lucyfer wrote:i forgot to mention im not messing things up i just dont think we should agree with everything TIG says
I never said people had to agree with everything i said. I was just offering them an alternative option to just twiddling around our thumbs and doing nothing (i.e. Day One Harry Potter Mafia)
Lucyfer wrote:o.o i think im playing this round too seriously
and um your wrong
ARRGGGGH i have to relate this to TOP >.> mayb steven would be the only one that understands
remember when we were pvping?
and you died?
and you were like sorry
and carmen was like np you took one more hit for us?
@.@ idk how to say it properly....
LOLWUT?
Lucyfer wrote:o.o i dnt see how lynching myself is extreme unless every1 follows suit
It isnt productive or benificial in anyway for the town. Especially if you are on their side, its basically like saying you are giving up.
Lucyfer wrote:i've played games where the mafia would kill their own to win the game
This would be stupid in most cases, especially when its likely the town out number the mafia 8 or so to 2 at this stage.
Lucyfer wrote:@.@ i can give you my character name but it would most definately get me targeted by mafia
which in that case it would be far more productive if i just get myself lynched
What you are saying here, and what you said above dont add up...

And if what you said in that quote is true, then that was really foolish what you said. A character reveal gives you the possibility of being protected by the doctor at night and makes the mafia second guess if they should target you or not that night.

Also how would lynching you (a townie as you say) be a better move than lynching hods (who you dont know if he is or isnt a townie?)
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Lucyfer wrote:@.@ im not playing the pity me card...
im playing the mafia wouldnt do this card...
and i have been trying to be proactive this round
mayb i should just go back to doing faces then
>.< >.> XD ._. Smile -.- o.o Surprised Razz .-.
Be proactive in the sense of finding the Mafia on Day One (which seems to be your goal at the moment) and you said you wanted us to do. I on the other hand realize that the chances of that happening arent that great on Day One (short of someone, perhaps even you Wink doing some kind of sleuthing) and that we should focus on making a unison decision this day and start the scumhunt on Day Two (once we have information on a character via lynch and the results of their night actions & story)

At the moment, almost anything we do, is basically a blind guess. Unless you have some better option to offer us/going to do?

Please dont just posts faces Razz I would rather people debate and discuss than that (and no one is saying that you shouldnt debate and discuss Smile)
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by hods_sorrow Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Everytime I check in its gotten more insane maybe getting lynched will be a good thing
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucyfer Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:17 pm

okay basically wat i want is either a no lynch in day one
or the lynching of some1 i think is more suspicious than hods @.@
idk y i dnt find hods suspicious
XD i realise i must seem pretty suspicious so i understand if any1 wants to lynch me
ill hold no grudges

another distingiushing feature of the mafia i have found over the games i have played is their willingness to lynch any1 but the other mafias
just something to note for the future....
and the mafia killing another mafia can be done if there are mayb 2 mafia and 2-4 townies 1 mafia dies securing at least 2 rounds for the other mafia in which they can kill the whole town @.@
Lucyfer
Lucyfer
Treasure hunter
Treasure hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:21 pm

NOTICE: GAME UPDATE

I'm very sorry to intrude in this magnificent game Very Happy.But Mint.tea has informed me that she won't be able to play due to her own circumstances. :S

Therefore there are two possible things that can happen now:

-We take mint.tea's character as the lynching for today, and advance to night one now(most probable option)

OR

-Replace her with someone else. But the most likely candidate for replacement (Alena) is too busy to play.So i cant think of anyone else practical to replace her role :S

I didnt feel it would be reasonable to have her as a night kill, as it would just confuse everyone more.

For discreteness .Everyone please tell me what you think should happen via PM.You can say it here in this thread if you want...

Thank You Very Happy
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Can I play two characters?
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenalesca Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:45 pm

/facepalm, mint.tea.........
Lenalesca
Lenalesca
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Number of posts : 1316
Major : BMLS
Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://lenalesca.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Sunset

Stebung wrote:Can I play two characters?
YOU SURE CAN'T!!!!

Thanks for the reply guys. Very Happy mint.tea now counts as the lynch for day one Sad . Please dont forget about the events of this day though Very Happy

With the death of a crucial ally during the previous night. A certain Z -Fighter was questioning his own ability and whether a years worth of training was enough..

[Piccolo]The destruction… I don’t think I can take this…
[Majority]Come on Green Man harden up!
[Piccolo]No I can’t take this anymore!! I’ve had enough of living in this godforsaken planet! Can’t people just leave the Earth alone!?!Villan after villan after villan….they just keep on coming don’t they? I have done you all enough favours!

Piccolo explodes in a rage of anger, with not a single limb left to regenerate..Leaving the town unharmed. But shocked and confused.

R.I.P
Mint.tea - Piccolo : ( Bodyguard / Town) - Modkilled
-Had a 50/50 chance of saving a certain character successfully in this game or dying in their place if they were targeted by a night kill.

Active List
1-pyro+salt
2-Stebung
3-Nox Noctis
4-Hods_sorrow
5-xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
6-Lucyfer
7-That Indian Guy
9-Lenalesca
10-Reznor
11-iHazard

It is now Night 1 no one may post again until Day 2. Please send in your NIGHT ACTIONS ASAP to me now if you have one! Very Happy
Thanks Guys.

sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Round 8 - Dragonball Z - Planet Under Siege (Town Wins) - Page 3 Empty King Kai and Krillin: Reporting you the action of night one

Post by sKeam Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Story thus far..

Last night on Dragonball Z Mafia:

Chi Chi had an interesting run in with the androids.

[Androids]Our data indicates that this is Chi Chi, the wife of Goku.Tell us where is Goku??
[Chi Chi]G-G-Goku?!?!Leave him alone!! He needs to be back home NOW!!Stop distracting him,tonight was meant to be the night he cooked for us!
[Androids]Hmph.. worthless human

Her famous *super fry pan swing-and-hit* technique (the Great Goku Silencer) failed her and as a result, she was hit and killed by a truck while running away from her attackers quick energy blasts.

Later,around the corner, a sudden flash of light blinds South City with the light of day.Signs of struggle and confusion have been found near the dead body of Chi Chi.Though it seems these events only took place a short while after her death.

The Androids are no where to be seen.

With no strong leads in finding the androids.It will be a difficult task to find the human like cyborgs in the vast city sprawl.
So, with the death of his wife, Goku and co. prepare to fight it out another day, but who will be next? Find out now on Dragonball Z Mafia! .

R.I.P
Mint.tea - Piccolo : ( Bodyguard / Town) - Modkilled:Day 1
-Had a 50/50 chance of saving a certain character successfully in this game or dying in their place if they were targeted by a night kill.

Stebung - Chi Chi : ( Voteblocker / Town) -Impaled whilst avoiding attacks from Androids.
-Her excessive nagging would stop a person from voting the next day phase.

Active List
1-pyro+salt
3-Nox Noctis
4-Hods_sorrow
5-xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
6-Lucyfer
7-That Indian Guy
9-Lenalesca
10-Reznor
11-iHazard

It is now Day 2. If you are on the active list you can now post again!!!
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Thank god she's dead.

I mean.

OH NO WE LOST A TOWNIE I'M CRYING MY EYES OUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next