WWE Survival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist - Big Trouble in East City (Town Wins)

+5
kagerouhi
That Indian Guy
sKeam
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
hods_sorrow
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist - Big Trouble in East City (Town Wins) Empty Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist - Big Trouble in East City (Town Wins)

Post by hods_sorrow Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:25 am

Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist - Big Trouble in East City (Town Wins) Full_Metal_Alchemist

Premise: 1st lieutenant Hawkeye has gone missing while investigating a series of crimes she is presumed to have been either kidnapped or killed and there is a growing fear that the mafia have come to East City. A curfew is now in affect and by order of the army all citizens are to stay at home during the night, and to be extra careful during the day.

Rules:
Spoiler:

ACTIVE PLAYERS:
1 - That Indian Guy
2 – Fat Mc Donald's Employee
3 - kagerouhi
4 - LCP
5 - Stebung
6 - pyro+salt
7 - Straberry_smut

Roles Please Read
Spoiler:

R.I.P./AWOL/Missing:
Hods_Sorrow - 1st lieutenant Hawkeye, Townsfolk. Missing/Dead/AWOL before game started.

FINALLY:

Everyone involved should have received a Private Message and start the game when they can. If you are on the list of players and have not received one, let me know ASAP.

You can contact me, the moderator of this round, by:
Forum Private Messaging
Email/msn: theblindone[at]live[dot]com

THANK YOU, and enjoy the game.

Last edited by Hods_sorrow on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:05 am; edited 2 times in total
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Number of posts : 2078
Major : Chemistry
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist - Big Trouble in East City (Town Wins) Empty Re: Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist - Big Trouble in East City (Town Wins)

Post by hods_sorrow Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:58 am

Day One - Fight

Just kidding this isnt mortal kombat.

Day one has now begun.
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist - Big Trouble in East City (Town Wins) Empty Re: Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist - Big Trouble in East City (Town Wins)

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:26 am

Yay. =_= Well, let's get it on...

You know I know almost nothing about FMA right? XDDDD Well I know who some of the characters are but LOLWUT.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Number of posts : 235
Major : Psychology & Japanese
Registration date : 2008-07-24

http://lcpdragonslayer.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:59 am

lol...
i dont know anything about anime in general :S (i dunno why im on this forum LOL)

OK POTATO!
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Number of posts : 2395
Location : Opposite the big Mc Donald's and beside the big Mt Wellington
Major : Bachelor of Law and Medicine conjoint. Postgrad in finance and econometrics.
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by hods_sorrow Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:05 pm

please read the rules
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Hods_sorrow wrote:please read the rules

sorry.

LETS GET IT ON!
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Major : Bachelor of Law and Medicine conjoint. Postgrad in finance and econometrics.

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:49 pm

(Question, why not have Hughes be the one missing/killed/AWOL, seeing as thats what happened in the story Razz)

This game should be interesting with a new setting and host. Very Happy

Lets Get It On~

P.S. If the Mafia has the ability to kill a person each night and The Godfather can convert the towns person, the game has been slated to give the Mafia a big advantage. Although i suppose the new twist on the Detective makes it slightly more balanced.
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Number of posts : 2729
Major : Business & IT
Registration date : 2008-07-02

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=825250003

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Well, one thing's for sure; if the detective dies, we're fucked. XD
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by hods_sorrow Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:20 pm

I have had people ask me questions if its not balanced to much in one teams favor Ive played this way before and I can tell you it is balanced
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Back to top Go down

Post by kagerouhi Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:39 pm

lets get it on ... and see what happens ... i honestly think i suck at this game but oh wells XD
kagerouhi
kagerouhi
Captain B*tchNinja
Captain B*tchNinja

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-06-28

https://ani-kakumei.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:00 pm

Lets get it onnnnnnnnnnn!
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Number of posts : 2216
Major : PSP
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist - Big Trouble in East City (Town Wins) Empty Lynching will begin soon?

Post by sKeam Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:20 pm

heyyyyyyyy guyyyyyyyysss and girlrrrllllssss....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18TLHhhHZCA
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by pyro+salt Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:33 pm

interesting! a new set of rules should keep us on our toes

lets get it on!
pyro+salt
pyro+salt
Hiddlestoner
Hiddlestoner

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by hods_sorrow Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:26 am

Look people it took me 2 hours to set this up the least you could do is actually play
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:35 am

I think ppl are just waiting for someone to make the first move...

*waits with them*
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:40 am

Yeah, we have nothing to work with. No one's really said anything and there's no obvious suspects who stand out yet. People need to talk and stuff...

I'm going to go have dinner... And then I'll come back and make a longer post.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by kagerouhi Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:14 pm

the hardest part is that if someone makes the first move and then what they say makes them suspicious ... but we all obviously want to avoid that ... i think ... unless you want to make yourself suspicious XD
kagerouhi
kagerouhi
Captain B*tchNinja
Captain B*tchNinja

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-06-28

https://ani-kakumei.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Okay. I'm going to make an analysis of the game. I will probably end up really wrong because I've never played this version of the game, but I think we all have to start somewhere and get this going.

Obviously there is going to be at least a Mafia Boss, a Detective and Ordinary towns people. From what I understand of the role, the Mafia Boss cannot kill anyone at night - he can only convert ordinary townspeople to become Mafia. ONCE he converts someone into mafia, only then can the converted person kill.

At least, that is what I understand of the roles he put up.

There is no doctor role, so presumably there won't be any in the game.

The detective can find out who the Mafia Boss is if s/he checks the right person, and will try to get the person lynched during the day. I don't know if there are any mafia to start off with (though I strongly believe that the game started out with one Mafia Boss and at least one other mafia), but whether there are mafia/serial killers/vigilantes should be obvious during the night - if two people die, there is a mafia and either a serial killer or vigilante UNLESS the mafia happens to kill the serial killer/vigilante and vice versa, or, if Hods made night kills optional, maybe they decided not to kill anyone during the night. There is presumably no doctor so there shouldn't be any healing happening during the night.

From the outset though, it seems as if this is really a game of Detective VS. Mafia Boss (I'm getting images of Death Note here XD), and to see who finds who out first.

As of yet, I am not prepared to make a lynch vote because it seems obvious that if there is only one detective and we end up lynching him or her, we're pretty much screwed. Also, not many people have spoken and people haven't made accusations (and therefore no one has had to defend themselves yet), and I'm not the kind to randomly start wanting to lynch people, especially since no one has raised any suspicions and some people haven't even posted here yet.

Maybe we can at least wait until at least everyone's 'getting it on', as it were?
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:43 pm

interesting...
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Is this still day time?
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:14 pm

yes,the suns been up for a day lol. sunny

day time dosent end until someones lynched...
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:16 pm

Ok lets get lynching then. I vote Fat Mc Donald's Employee cos he's the only one here lmao
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:32 pm

I have come to similar conclusions as LCP so far, except i think differently about the part:
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:I don't know if there are any mafia to start off with (though I strongly believe that the game started out with one Mafia Boss and at least one other mafia)
I think if in the game the godfather can convert people at night (and cant kill) to balance the game out at least at the start, there shouldnt be any mafia to begin with at least, whether hods thought the same, im not sure, but if the Godfather has to convert people before the night kills can start, it makes the game more balanced than i originally had thought the case for each side (instead of a kill plus possible conversion for the mafia) Whether this is the case or not remains to be seen though...

The chances of there being more than one detective also seem slim to me, not saying it cant be the case, but if the Godfather can only convert ordinary towns folk, if there are hardly any, it becomes somewhat of a useless power (although still good for info gathering i suppose).

Not really sure what else to say at the moment. Game hasnt really progressed much to make any kind of move... scratch
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by pyro+salt Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:59 pm

so...the godfather gets to recruit at night and the next day they become part of the mafia?
does that mean they get to kill seperately or they still have to make a unified decision to kill off someone

and wouldn't the game finish in like 2 nights if there were 3 differnt forces(mafia/SK/vigilente) working in the dark?....hehe...dark forces
pyro+salt
pyro+salt
Hiddlestoner
Hiddlestoner

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:10 pm

pyro+salt wrote:so...the godfather gets to recruit at night and the next day they become part of the mafia?
does that mean they get to kill seperately or they still have to make a unified decision to kill off someone
From the write up, it sounds like the Mafia kill on their own, with no liason with the Godfather, although i may be wrong there.

pyro+salt wrote:and wouldn't the game finish in like 2 nights if there were 3 differnt forces(mafia/SK/vigilente) working in the dark?....hehe...dark forces
There is always the chance they all target the same person. Neutral
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:15 pm

I don't know. If the Mafia Boss doesn't convert anyone successfully during the night, no killings will happen (unless there is a serial killer and/or vigilante). And one cannot kill on the same night one is converted? I don't know how the rules run that way.

If there is no discussing between mafia, and indeed if there is a serial killer and/or vigilante, then yes we can expect the game to end rather quickly, especially since there's only 7 of us.

As such, every move we make is crucial. Randomly voting off people isn't going to work.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:24 pm

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:I don't know. If the Mafia Boss doesn't convert anyone successfully during the night, no killings will happen (unless there is a serial killer and/or vigilante). And one cannot kill on the same night one is converted? I don't know how the rules run that way.
Yeah, but with the SK and Vigilante out there, kills are going to be occurring regardless, so its not that big of an issue i think.
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by hods_sorrow Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:25 pm

Fat Mc Donald's Employee - 1 Vote (Stebung). [3 More Votes Required to Lynch]
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Sigh,this is getting too confusing.

I dunno should be lynch'd,sure i could suspect LCP after he wrote that huge summary after Kagerouhi wrote something about not wanting to be suspcious,but that would just be too obvious.Also,since the previous game was hosted by them,i should expect to to know more about it.....But on the other hand,maybe they know people like me will think like this and would go ahead and do it anyway. Question scratch
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:44 pm

For the record, I started writing that before she posted. It was only after I finished writing what I wanted to say that I realised she posted inbetween.

But kagerouhi is right - CONFUCIUS SAY, THOSE WHO MAKE STUPID FIRST MOVE, DIE EARLY IN GAME.

So, think hard and choose wisely. If I were in your position, I would suspect the more experienced players too. But if I really was the mafia or had allegiance with the bad guys, I wouldn't have written up all that stuff and tried to reason things out for everyone. I'd be happy to leave everyone in the dark and just start converting/killing people, since that is to my advantage.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:55 pm

We havent heard from Straberry_smut have we? scratch

Im not to sure who we should try to lynch at the moment. I have a few people i have my eye on though cyclops (I just wanted to use that emoticon Razz)
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Fat Mc Donald's Employee wrote: i could suspect LCP after he wrote that huge summary

She's a girl you noob........
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Stebung wrote:
Fat Mc Donald's Employee wrote: i could suspect LCP after he wrote that huge summary

She's a girl you noob........

...sorry... and i even tried to avoid using 'he' or 'she' LOL. ..... thanks for the info Stebung.
Eye too have my eye on some ppl..

"Straberry_smut" is M.I.A

Last edited by Fat Mc Donald's Employee on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:41 am

*BUMP*
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:59 am

Edwin just confession so we can lynch you.
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:12 pm

dry,.

you seem pretty eager to lynch me for no apparent reason... something a SK or Vigilante would do...

Last edited by Fat Mc Donald's Employee on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by hods_sorrow Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:21 pm

ok new rule since this is draging on unless people start voting by monday the amfia automaticly wins
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Leopard Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:54 pm

one sentence will decide this....

Spoiler:
Snowy Leopard
Snowy Leopard
Hard Gay
Hard Gay

Number of posts : 861
Major : icanhazcheseburger?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stebung Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:13 pm

HI FIVE!
Stebung
Stebung
Captain GrumpyPants
Captain GrumpyPants

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:56 pm

what have i done to envoke such a reaction?

jeez..! -_-

i think its careless,for all we know anyone could be out to kill ppl,due to the nature of this round,we need to think about who we lynch,that's why ppl aren't playing...

If you two are quick to be irrational , it once again shows to me that you two don't care who dies,which is something a certain type of person would do...

EDIT: Shadow leopard, you're not even playing -_- .. gtfo please Very Happy
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Hods_sorrow wrote:ok new rule since this is draging on unless people start voting by monday the amfia automaticly wins
Few things you should consider:
1 - Uni just started up for the bulk of us, so the game probably wont be as active as it was for the first two that were hosted during the holidays
2 - You yourself were quite busy, studying for tests this week, as were other people doing studying/assignments due in this week and the next.
3 - You introduced new rules into the game, as such its always going to take a while for people to get used to regardless. Especially since you didnt do the best job of clarifying the new situation (as i think most people are still confused as to the new game mechanics you introduced)
4 - Forcing people to rush their vote is going to get the town to make rash moves, which isnt what the Day phases are supposed to be like. The Day phase is meant to go as long as the town needs it to make a decision
5 - You are the game host, not sure why you are in such a rush for the game to move forward, you dont have much to do in terms of maintaining the game, so let the people take their time i say.
6 - As game host, you cant introduce new rules in mid-game, so thats out of the question anyway Razz
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by hods_sorrow Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:35 pm

I was being sarcastic the amfia was deliberate sorry i should know by now sarcasm doesn't work in writing
hods_sorrow
hods_sorrow
$$
$$

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:51 pm

Hods_sorrow wrote:I was being sarcastic the amfia was deliberate sorry i should know by now sarcasm doesn't work in writing

It's hard to tell since you obviously don't give a shit about typographical errors over the internet.

By saying something like that, you're only adding more unnecessary tension to the game. The way you made your rules to be, every lynch vote is crucial, and so we shouldn't have to carry the burden of the added weight and implications of your game.

Hey FME; if you think Stebung is acting the way a mafia/SK/vigilante would, why don't you vote to lynch him then? Or is there something else you're not telling us?

Either way, I'm not comfortable voting unless more people have voted and people start talking more. That Strawberry Smut person hasn't even spoken at all during the game yet.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Well since everyone seems to be a bit to scared to make the first move i suppose ill get the ball rolling...

Currently i have 3 main suspects. If they dont provide adequate enough reasoning as to why i should believe that they are innocent or at least why someone else is more suspicious, i will vote for one of these 3. And do my best to argue the case that you should be the one lynched that day.

1 - xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
2 - Fat Mc Donalds Employee
3 - Kagerouhi

Those are my current main suspects and in that order. You can counter-accuse me if you like, but it wouldnt really absolve you of your guilt now would it. Smile
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:05 pm

Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist - Big Trouble in East City (Town Wins) 2w50v85

As I said before, if I were the Mafia Boss, I wouldn't have typed up that big long post detailing my analysis of this game. I would also have been happy to just sit back and not say anything until Monday was up since that would be autowin for me (had hods_sorrow not clarified it just then).

The mafia won the past 2 rounds. I want our side to win this round now.

What about you, That Indian Guy? You're one of the more experienced players in this game, and you have nothing to clear your name except maybe tagging on to what I said and clearly trying to confusing everyone.

You're a threat to us townies, too.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by sKeam Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:33 pm

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:
Hods_sorrow wrote:I was being sarcastic the amfia was deliberate sorry i should know by now sarcasm doesn't work in writing

Hey FME; if you think Stebung is acting the way a mafia/SK/vigilante would, why don't you vote to lynch him then? Or is there something else you're not telling us?

... its because no one has voted yet..except for him. pig

I want more ppl to say something before i made any irrational decisions,just cuz he chose to lynch me.I changed my vote to him in the last round from T.I.G and it cost me i reckon..

EDIT: yeah and i agree about the sarcasm thing on the internet.

Last edited by Fat Mc Donald's Employee on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
sKeam
sKeam
Magneto
Magneto

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:38 pm

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:As I said before, if I were the Mafia Boss, I wouldn't have typed up that big long post detailing my analysis of this game. I would also have been happy to just sit back and not say anything until Monday was up since that would be autowin for me (had hods_sorrow not clarified it just then).
Its a common Mafia strategy to look like you are trying to help the town, while in fact are manipulating them to your own needs.

"Beware of the wine, as it is likely to be laced with poison" Right LCP Wink

Plus, i think you would rather win the game by playing it to the end, then get the auto-win. Its not as fulfilling a victory if you dont. Your victory would be tarnished otherwise, and wouldnt come close to the awesome levels of the victory Pyro+Salt's and I had 8)

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:What about you, That Indian Guy? You're one of the more experienced players in this game, and you have nothing to clear your name except maybe tagging on to what I said and clearly trying to confusing everyone.
Experience =/= Guilt or being Mafia, so thats a baseless way to attack my involvement in the game anyway Neutral

As to how i can clear my name. I dont really have a need to. I never said you guys couldnt target me. It would make the game slightly more interesting. Especially for the one who does decide to kill me, as your in for quite the Bang!

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:The mafia won the past 2 rounds. I want our side to win this round now.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:You're a threat to us townies, too.
Nice touch in making sure to refer to yourself as part of the town. I like how its the little touches that you are careful with. Just the way you phrase your speech, can even put peoples minds into believing that you are innocent Smile
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:03 pm

OK. I understand that, FME.

If I was Mafia Boss, don't you think I would have helped the town differently - to a way that would be to my advantage? Wouldn't have been so vague and just analysed the game in general - would have instead listed down each name and be like; I think so and so is whatever and I think so and so is whatever so I would like him/her first.

Would get the game going, after all, in one way or the other.

You wouldn't know how I want to win the game, so you can't make that kind of judgement either. Winning may be more important to me than the actual gameplay.

My saying that you are experienced is to say that you are a threat. We don't know if you're saying things to manipulate us or if you're really trying to help, or whatever, and we can't take your word for it. The fact that you are experienced means you know roughly what to say in what situation, and what to do in what situation. Even if you're not mafia boss or mafia right now, the mafia boss is likely to target you and use you to his or her advantage. Better to get rid of you than letting you kill us all.

And I didn't refer to myself as a townie on purpose. I did it automatically - because I am innocent.
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx
Captain Superman
Captain Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by pyro+salt Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:21 am

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:
My saying that you are experienced is to say that you are a threat. We don't know if you're saying things to manipulate us or if you're really trying to help, or whatever, and we can't take your word for it. The fact that you are experienced means you know roughly what to say in what situation, and what to do in what situation. Even if you're not mafia boss or mafia right now, the mafia boss is likely to target you and use you to his or her advantage. Better to get rid of you than letting you kill us all.

thats actually a really good point and sorry if ive fallen behind the bandwagon here (still...) but when the godfather tries to convert someone, is it an automatic conversion? like, i mean otherwise, if the townsperson says no, wouldn't they find out who was trying to convert them?
pyro+salt
pyro+salt
Hiddlestoner
Hiddlestoner

Back to top Go down

Post by That Indian Guy Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:52 pm

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:If I was Mafia Boss, don't you think I would have helped the town differently - to a way that would be to my advantage? Wouldn't have been so vague and just analysed the game in general - would have instead listed down each name and be like; I think so and so is whatever and I think so and so is whatever so I would like him/her first.

Would get the game going, after all, in one way or the other.
Unless thats exactly what you foresaw the town would perceive you play as, and decide to counter play it and set up a game defense early on.

Also the problem with out and out pointing fingers at people, is that it leaves you open to an a counter claim by them (as you have decided to do so with me). This would mean you can no longer just hide in the open, which you have been doing so thus far. Razz

Nice jab at my play by the way, very subtle Wink I simply proposed my list because thats who i was most wary of so far in the game and nobody was really going anywhere with the game so far, well aside from you. Smile

You did make a play out to your advantage though, you came across as the "friend of the town" player, just trying to help the town out. Its always more difficult to suspect the enemy within, after they seemingly helped you so much in the past, right?

I mean, its not like you are majoring in Psychology or something now is it Razz

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:You wouldn't know how I want to win the game, so you can't make that kind of judgement either. Winning may be more important to me than the actual gameplay.
Actually, i think i can make a fairly decent summation of where how you would like to play and win this game. Dont forget, i hosted the first game on this board, and i remember exactly how into it you got. Very Happy I have had a good chance to see your behavior in the game to some extent.

You know what i find the most strange though, you claim that if you were Mafia, you would have just been happy with an Auto-win (before Hods cleared it up) and thats seemingly the situation you were headed to. Once Hods had made that claim, you went quiet. Didnt really respond to anything, or add onto anyone elses claims (when Stebung accused/voted for FME for example) it wasnt until Hods said he was being sarcastic that you started back in the game Suspect interesting...

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:My saying that you are experienced is to say that you are a threat. We don't know if you're saying things to manipulate us or if you're really trying to help, or whatever, and we can't take your word for it. The fact that you are experienced means you know roughly what to say in what situation, and what to do in what situation. Even if you're not mafia boss or mafia right now, the mafia boss is likely to target you and use you to his or her advantage. Better to get rid of you than letting you kill us all.
If a person of experience makes them a threat, wouldnt that make you the biggest threat out of us all? Considering i think you have more game experience playing the Mafia game then everyone, including me, combined? Shouldnt that mean, by your logic, we should trust you the least and consider you one of the more likely candidates of Mafioso?

Bit of meta-game thinking here, but what the chances of Hods making someone who has already been Mafia in the previous games Mafia again? Very slim i would say. Especially considering the fact, that only 2/3 previous games mafia are playing, and that those 2 are the ones from the very last game we played. It is more likely that the roles were spread around, so that someone new is mafia at least, so that everyone would get a chance to experience the general roles through the game play. Which i am sure you realize, leaves you as one of the key suspects for being Mafia if we go on that train of thought. I am not saying its possible that someone who has been Mafia already is Mafia again, just the chances of it would be extremely low.

xXLCP Dragon SlayerXx wrote:And I didn't refer to myself as a townie on purpose. I did it automatically - because I am innocent.
Going back to the first Mafia game, looking over your post, i dont think you once referred to yourself as part of the town with the use of "us" or "our" personal pronouns, so dont start giving me that excuse Suspect (at best you referred to all the players in the game, never just as a towns person) I am not sure how you italicizing the fact that you "are" innocent helps your case, because its not like you will straight up and come out with the fact that you are Mafia/Mafia Boss/Serial Killer like that no would you? Everyone says they are good regardless of the situation, all i am saying is you are trying a bit to hard to come across that way silent

Keep in mind, i havent accused you of being Mafia yet, just one of the more likely candidates.

pyro+salt wrote:thats actually a really good point and sorry if ive fallen behind the bandwagon here (still...) but when the godfather tries to convert someone, is it an automatic conversion? like, i mean otherwise, if the townsperson says no, wouldn't they find out who was trying to convert them?
Only converted if the person is an ordinary towns person. So if the person they try to convert is a Detective/Vigilante/Doctor/Serial Killer nothing would happen i presume.
That Indian Guy
That Indian Guy
Captain Grab-Ass
Captain Grab-Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next